Yellow Treat®

$4.49$19.99

The Fast and Easy way to Kill Mustard Algae. Guaranteed.

  • Kills the toughest mustard algae fast
  • Requires less shocking
  • Safe for all types of pools
Clear

Looking for SDS, Directions and Images?

The Original Mustard Algae Killer

Yellow Treat® is the original mustard algae killer.  Introduced in 1981, Yellow Treat® has become the most trusted answer to yellow algae.

Kills Mustard Algae Fast

Yellow Treat®'s powerful formula kills mustard algae fast. In as little as 24 hours it will turn a yellow pool back to clean.

Less Shocking

Yellow Treat® requires less shocking to get the job done. This saves you time, money and hassle.

Safe for any pool

Yellow Treat® is tough on algae - not on surfaces. Meaning it's safe for any type of pool. It also contains zero ingredients that stain. Keeping your pool looking beautiful after the algae is gone.

100% Performance Guaranteed

All our products are backed by a 100% Performance Guarantee. If this product doesn’t solve your problem we’ll fix it for free or you get a full refund.

Additional information

Weight 2 lbs
Dimensions 3.25 × 3.25 × 9.25 in
Product Type

Rescue Algicide

Sizes

5 oz. bag, 2 pound bottle

Dosage

5 oz. per 10,000 gallons

Surface Compatibility

All Surfaces

Sanitizer Compatibility

Chlorine, Salt and Bromine

Questions & Answers

  1. 0 votes
    A

    Yes. The longer you run your filter the faster the pool will clear up =)

  2. 0 votes
    A It depends. The filter should capture the dead algae and clear up the water. Might need to check your filter and run it 24 hours.
  3. 1 vote

Send me a notification for each new answer.

Customer Reviews

2 reviews for Yellow Treat®

  1. Jerry

    Is it okay to use Calcium Hypochlorite with this product?

  2. Jim Guyton

    Yellow Treat completely removed mustard algae from my pool. However, I get a zero reading for chlorine, and I have added 5 pounds of shock chlorine.

    • Scott Hamilton

      This can happen depending on your type of chlorine. I would chlorinate as normal and use an OTO test for the chlorine (they are more accurate). I wouldn’t advise to continue to shock, since this can cause staining (and can be expensive). Although your test is giving you a zero reading – the pool shouldn’t develop algae (it’s more of a false reading). If the problem hasn’t subsided in a week, call us and we can diagnose why your pool is continuing to have this problem. Thanks!

Add a review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Algae How-To’s